UPDATED April 17, 2020
FINNEY COUNTY – Effective Friday, March 20, 2020, the following Finney County Offices will remain closed to public access until May 03, 2020:
Administrative Center, 311 N. 9th Street, Garden City;
Attorney’s Office, 409 N. 9th Street, Garden City;
Public Works Building, 101 W. Maple Street, Garden City;
Fairgrounds Office, 209 Lake Avenue, Garden City;
Community Services Center, 607 W. Santa Fe Street, Garden City;
Juvenile Detention Center, 507 W. Santa Fe Street, Garden City;
The Finney County Courthouse has also limited court hearings and public access.
This is in response to the community effort to help reduce the risk of spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Finney County. There are currently zero (0) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Finney County.
At this time, County staff will maintain regular working hours and continue providing regular, available services by phone, fax, mail, and online.
For services requiring in-person drop-off to offices within the Administrative Center, we will be utilizing the secure drop-box attached to the building, outside the front entrance of the Administrative Center.
Please see specific service and operational changes, and drop-box instructions for the affected offices, below:
- Informal hearings will be done by PHONE: 620-272-3517
- Informal deadline remains March 30, 2020.
- There will be no interior inspections for informal hearings, building permits, or sales until April 6, 2020.
- Exterior inspections will be performed, under precautionary recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Submitting Documentation (Renditions, Hearing Evidence, Personal Property Assessments, etc.)
- EMAIL: To email@example.com
- MAIL: Send documents in a secure envelope to the Appraiser’s Office, 311 N. 9th Street, Garden City, KS 67846, or to P.O. Box 873.
- DROP-BOX: Submit documents in a secure envelope labeled ‘APPRAISER’.
Please call our office at 620-272-3517 with any other questions or concerns. You can find more information on our website at https://www.finneycounty.org/Appraiser
Clerk and Election Office
Fish & Game
Some services may be provided over the phone or through mail. Please call 620-272-3524, ext. 5.
Homestead Claim Filing
- FAX, EMAIL, MAIL: Please call 620-272-3524, ext. 5 for more information about how to complete these services by fax, email, or US mail.
- DROP-BOX: You may drop off a Homestead Claim in a secure envelope. Please label the envelope labeled ‘CLERK’.
For all services related to elections, including candidate filing and voter registration, please call the Election Coordinator at 620-272-3575.
Register of Deeds Office
- ELECTRONIC FILING: These will still be accepted as usual.
- DROP-BOX: Documents that cannot be e-filed should be submitted to the drop-box. Please place them in a secure envelope labeled ‘REGISTER OF DEEDS’.
Motor Vehicle Renewals
- ONLINE: Regular renewals can be completed online at the Kansas self-service portal at https://ikan.ks.gov/
- MAIL: Send State-issued Motor Vehicle Registration (renewal) documents, proof of insurance, and check payment in an envelope to Finney County Treasurer, PO Box M, Garden City, KS 67846. Make checks out to Finney County Treasurer.
- PHONE: If you have questions about Motor Vehicle Renewals, call 620-272-3527 ext. 2
- FAX: Send questions and/or supporting documents to fax number: 620-272-3678
Please include your name, phone number, email address, and current mailing address with any materials when submitting them by mail, fax, or drop-box. Proof of insurance cards will be returned to you after processing. Receipts will be mailed to your current address that we have on file. Do not mail cash payments.
New/Used Vehicle Purchases
Call the Finney County Motor Vehicle Department at 620-272-3527 ext. 2.
A Motor Vehicle Clerk will advise you of what documents to drop in the building drop-box. When we receive those documents, we will review your title and registration work in our office. You will receive a call if we need any additional information to complete your paperwork. We will also advise you on available, secure payment methods.
Find additional information and forms online at the Kansas Department of Revenue website https://www.ksrevenue.org. Your Finney County Motor Vehicle Clerk may ask you to find and complete some of these forms before your paperwork can be processed.
- PHONE: If you have questions, call 620-272-3527 ext. 4.
- FAX: Send questions & supporting documents to fax number: 620-272-3678.
- MAIL: Send documents & check payments in an envelope to Finney County Treasurer, PO Box M, Garden City, KS 67846. Make checks out to Finney County Treasurer.
- DROP-BOX: Drop off questions, documents, and/or check payments in a secured envelope labeled ‘MOTOR VEHICLE’. Make checks out to Finney County Treasurer.
- CARD/E-CHECK PAYMENTS OVER THE PHONE: You can make payments over the phone with a debit/credit card or electronic check. Call 620-272-3527 ext. 4
If you call the office and leave a voicemail, please include your name, physical address of the property[s] in question, phone number[s], nature of your question or issue, and any other additional information you believe may assist our staff. You will receive a return call as soon as possible.
If you have a pending diversion program, call (620) 272-3568 for monthly check-ins and payment information.
Community Services Center
Clients will be contacted by phone, text, or email contact by their Intensive Supervision Officer or Program Provider.
For clients who do not have access to a phone, they can arrive to the front door vestibule and call their ISO or Program Provider using the interoffice phone.
All classes are currently cancelled. We are working with the local USD 457 on future plans for the education of our youth in Virtual Academy.
Juvenile Detention Center (JDC)
Visitors to the JDC will be limited to parents and legal guardians only for youth who are detained. Visitors will be screened prior to entry into the building.
All volunteer services have been cancelled.
Public Works staff will be available by phone at 620-272-3564, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.