Finney County Attorney
Responsibilities & Duties
The County Attorney is the chief law enforcement official in Finney County. The office handles felony crimes, drug crimes, domestic batteries, misdemeanors, juvenile crimes, and traffic prosecutions.
The recent outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), has brought us to carefully consider the operations of our office. For the health and well-being of the public and the employees of Finney County, the Finney County Attorney’s Office is closed for public access until further notice. Our agency will continue to serve the public through different avenues. For general inquiries please contact the Finney County Attorney’s Office at (620) 272-3568. If you would like to apply for diversion please visit Diversion Program.
Please contact our office if you need to speak with someone regarding your involvement in a case or would like to know the status of a pending hearing at (620) 272-3568.
Participating Law Enforcement Agencies
The County Attorney’s office receives and evaluates a wide array of criminal cases from numerous law enforcement agencies including:
- Finney County Sheriff’s Office (FISO)
- Garden City Police Department (GCPD)
- Holcomb Police Department (HPD)
- Kansas Highway Patrol (KHP)
- Kansas Bureau of Investigation (KBI)
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF)
- Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS)
- Department of Children and Families (DCF).
Credit Card Payments Now Accepted
Visit the online payment portal to make a Diversion payment.